If you are a friend or family member of mine, you know I'm a bit of a neat freak. My favorite word is "tidy." I dash around the house from room to room, shouting "TIDY!" when a room is up to snuff. I pretty much do this every morning.
But even a neat freak can slack from time to time, and I felt myself sliding late last year. Everything was stagnant or going in the wrong direction: Water drinking, exercising, housecleaning, spending, going to bed at a decent hour, and -- yes -- weight.
I felt stuck in every area of my life.
Fast-forward to this year. I'm down a little more than 50 pounds since New Year's Day (which still BLOWS MY MIND), and that momentum has spilled over into nearly every facet of my life.
- The laundry not only gets done, but folded and put away in the same day.
- The sink (usually) isn't full of dirty dishes.
- I run the dishwasher and the clean dishes get put away.
- Tabletops are free of clutter.
- My magazine pile is down to a short stack instead of unwieldy mountains all over the house.
- My closet is culled (mostly because I got rid of a bunch of too-big clothes).
It's something about not being stuck in my weight loss that has jostled loose all sorts of stagnation.
I've got some other things I'm working on that I hope to update y'all on soon, fingers crossed.