Random thoughts on a drizzly Monday:
- Gosh, my head feels so much better now that I'm simply following the principles of Diet Free Life. Balanced breakfast, balanced lunch, balanced dinner and a couple snacks of between 100 and 200 calories. (Today's were a Quest bar for one snack and some Greek yogurt for another one.)
- I knew something was up when I felt like I spent the entire weekend napping. Turns out my reproductive system STILL isn't done with me. My ovaries threw me a surprise party today. Seriously, I'm 53 years old! Shouldn't this be done by now?
- And let me tell you, the PMS extended dance mix is no picnic. It's like being extra ravenous for a few extra weeks every month (or whatever). It's why I keep a family-sized clamshell of Organicgirl salad mix in the fridge at all times so I can shove salad in my face when I can't take it any longer.
- I found a great new podcast that just started around a month ago, The Fit2Fat2Fit Experience, with Drew and Lynn Manning. Drew is the trainer who deliberately gained around 70 pounds to see how the process would be to then lose the weight. He grew up an athletic, fit kid so he really didn't have firsthand experience of being overweight or losing weight, like the clients he works with. At first I thought it was a gimmicky stunt, but after listening to his reasons why I can see why he did it. You can find the podcast on his site or on iTunes, Stitcher and other podcast sites.
- I haven't stepped on the scale in a week or so -- I'm giving my brain a vacation from stressing about weight. My clothes are fitting a bit better around the midsection, so I'll probably peek at it next Monday.
Well, that's all I got. A giant basket of laundry is giving me the stink eye and a pork shoulder is in the slow cooker about to ding.