Y'know how I was complaining about the arthritis in my big toe and how it was limiting my workouts?
After I got the pain down to a low roar, I decided to ignore it and press on. The past couple weeks I've been dancing my ass off at Jazzercise three times a week. And guess what?
Turns out I had been babying myself a little too much. By exercising, I've kept my foot flexible and pain free. I've also been making sure to take fish oil two to three times a day. Fish oil, in large doses, can have an anti-inflammatory effect.
HERE'S an article from Mayoclinic.com on exercising with arthritis. Among the benefits of exercise, it can:
- Strengthen the muscles around your joints
- Help you maintain bone strength
- Give you more strength and energy to get through the day
- Make it easier to get a good night's sleep
- Help you control your weight
- Make you feel better about yourself and improve your sense of well-being
I can't figure out what started the pain all of a sudden, but I sure know what ended it